ISY Elementary School Faculty Blog
March 4, 2022
We all know we are doing our best…. even when we are not at our best!
Check in. How am I? What do I need? How are they? What do they need from me?
Ask for help and be helpful.
Be present and patient. Take time to fully understand others and allow time for others to understand you. Pausing, Paraphrasing and Posing Questions promotes our common understanding.
Share your ideas and be open to the ideas of others. Once shared, they become our ideas and anything could happen!
Nice work, Nimmi!
Nimmi is presenting at two international conferences this month!
She is presenting on inclusive admission practices and creating a sense of belonging in diverse school populations.
Good luck Nimmi and thank you for all you do to make each student’s start at ISY a happy one.
Quarter 3 Reports
Please click here for the Q3 Progress Report Organization & Timeline. This is exactly the same as what we did for Quarter 1 Progress Reports.
Below are some key dates to be aware of:
Friday, March 18: Report Subject Comments Due.
Friday, March 25: Homeroom Teachers: ISY Learner Attributes Comments Due.
Tuesday, March 29: All reports in Powerschool. Specialist Teachers – you will add 1 (or 2 max) sentence to your subject comment for each child.
Friday, April 1: Reports go live on Powerschool.
Thank for completing your international orders.
Stationery has now been cleared from Room 107. Please now order any stationery you need as you would normally.
KEY COVID CONSIDERATIONS
- All information regarding COVID cases should go through the clinic. If a parent or students reports a case to you, please ask them to email the clinic and the clinic will follow up.
- Everyone on campus (all students and teachers) must wear a mask at all times
- Students are to wipe their desks with a disinfectant wipe when they leave the room (e.g. leaving a specialist class, on the way to lunch, end of the day)
- Class doors and windows to be open while teaching with air conditioners turned on (unless air quality is an issue – you will be notified by email).
- Everyone encouraged to wash hands at every opportunity.
- If you come into close contact with a suspected case (i.e. a partner, your child or household member) we want you to stay home for at least 5 days, monitor for symptoms and test using the rapid test kits. The only exception to this rule is if you have recovered from a case of Covid in the last 90 days yourself. Then you can come to school but should be monitoring for symptoms carefully.
- If you test positive then you should be at home for a minimum of 5 days. If after 5 days you have no symptoms and test negative you can return to school on Day 6.
- The maximum time away should be 10 days. Sometimes you can still get a positive result after 10 days but the research tells us that people are not contagious at this point.
ZOOM LINKS (Semester 2)
Here is a link to the Zoom Links that we will use for Semester 2.
Semester 2 Teaching Teams
When thinking about these teaching teams, we just need to bear in mind that we might all need to cover for or assist colleagues who are unable to work from school.
On this document (at the top) you will see links to Grade Level (PK-KG, G1, G2/3, and G4/5) Organization Summaries – as things pop up, please add them to the bottom of the document so we can address them.
Curriculum Maps and Scope and Sequences
Here is where you can find our Curriculum Maps These will be updated up to Quarter 2 using our Subject Blurbs from Semester 1 reports.
Here is where you can find our Q3 Scope and Sequence.
To fill out this year’s Q3 Scope and Sequence, you might want to refer to the skills you focused on this time last year in this Q3 Scope and Sequence 2020-2021.
Please link your planning to the Scope and Sequence as you did for our Q2 Scope and Sequence. We want to give you some autonomy as to how you organize your planning and resources but your planning needs to be in an ISY Shared Drive.
Please also check off the standards that you intend to cover in your subject in Quarter 3. Please make sure there is an ‘x’ in the second column of any standard you will cover in these Grade Level Standards Checklists.
SEMESTER 2 SCHEDULE
Note: The schedule has no transition times between periods. Please make sure that students are ready to start their next class on time and start recess and lunch on time.
Here is the Supervision Schedule that we will use for Semester 2. This has been amended to have only 2 people on duty for Grade 2-5 morning recess. (I think) I have contacted everyone who has had a duty affected but please check just in case.
10:00 – 10:20 Grade 2-5 Recess Locations
- Front Steps End of Field / Front Steps Playground: Grades 2/3
- SAS Building End of Field / A Building Playground: Grades 4/5
8:00 – 8:20 Before School Play Duty
Here is the Before School Play Duty Schedule that we will use for Semester 2.
People on duty this week:
- Monday: Swe Zin
- Tuesday: Brett
- Wednesday: Snow
- Thursday: Su Linn
- Friday: Zarchi
From our TIFs
Both Ian and Lindsey have new teaching responsibilities for Semester 2. This might mean one of the another are unavailable to immediately help with an issue.
If you have a technology issue that is not urgent, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an urgent technology issue, the best thing to do is send a Google Hangout message to Lindsey, Ian, and Anshu. That way you have 3 chances that someone is available when you need them.
– – – –
Here are a curated list of helpful links for students and families as we begin the year. These videos can be helpful as you share information with them.
- Overview of Apps used in the ES (Video Link) (Slides Link)
- Sign in to your Chrome Web Browser (Video Link)
- Download Chrome (Website Link)
- Download Chrome on iPad (Video Link)
- Sign in with Google to Seesaw (Video Link)
- Seesaw Parent Login (Video Link)
- How to get into Kids A-Z (Video Link)
- Freckle Login (Video Link)
ISY Annual Compassion Conference
Friday, March 4
Thank you for your participation in this conference. I hope you enjoyed it and took some ideas away from it.
This is the ISY Compassion Conference 2022 Google Site for your reference. I will post this to Faculty Pages next week for future reference.
We have decided to hold our own ISY teacher workshops for a separate event to be held later in the year. This event will be organized around our ISY Inclusive Practices.
Previous Elementary School Posts
ISY Elementary BlogREPORTS ARE OVERSandy Sheppard , Elementary School Principal27th January to the 14th of February, 2023 Thank you for completing your report cards and getting the international orders in, it was a busy week. This blog will be your reference...
ISY Elementary BlogACTIVITIES, ACTIVITIES, ACTIVITIESSandy Sheppard , Elementary School Principal20th January, 2023 Thank you for a great first week back! Thank you so much for your support of the Olympiad, it was a wonderful event, enjoyed by all. Special...
ISY Elementary BlogWELCOME BACK AND HAPPY NEW YEARSandy Sheppard , Elementary School Principal13th January, 2023Welcome Back! Happy New Year! We have strategic planning next week, don't forget to attend any meeting you may be scheduled to be part of. There are lots of...
ISY Elementary BlogIs The Season to be Reminded of how much you are Appreciated !!!Sandy Sheppard , Elementary School Principal16th December, 2022Dear all, Thank you to all of you! Your actions on a daily basis are what make ISY such a wonderful place for our students...
ISY Elementary BlogIs The Season to be Jolly!!!Sandy Sheppard , Elementary School Principal9th December, 2022Dear all, This blog is very full today, so make sure you read it right to the end; it is a mix of information, both new and old, and also celebration. Along...
ISY Elementary BlogDecember Is HereSandy Sheppard , Elementary School Principal2nd December, 2022Dear all, Thank you for your support of International Day; I am sure we can all agree that this was a fantastic event. Thank you all for participating in the planning...